Lets welcome Alexa @ Pages of Forbidden Love for this weeks "Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog."
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Anything interesting we should know about? Maybe something juicy? :)
I'm Alexa, I'm a 20 year old college student studying Nuclear Medicine. Right now most of you are looking at me funny because most people don't know that nuclear medicine is just a fancy title for the techs who run the MRI, CT, and PET scans. Hmm somthing juicy, this isn't too juicy but the first adult romance book I read was Wicked Pleasure by and well sometimes I just have to read adult romances because the teen novels aren't steamy enough.
2. How long have you been reading? When did you start? When did you officially become addicted?
I would say on and off since high school and I became officially addicted about 3-4 years ago when I started my now huge book collection.
3. What genre did you start reading first? Or have you always read ?
I started off reading YA because well I was a young teen so I wasn't ready for the heavy adult romances yet. I have always loved romance though and probably always will.
4. What are your favorite genres now?
I still read a lot of YA but I have also added paranormal and historical adult romance to my list. Once in a while I read some sci-fi or urban fantasy novels.
5. Is there any genres you don't like? Why?
I would have to say women's fiction, it is just too much like real life for me to get into the stories of 40 year old women just complaining about everyday life. I get enough complaints in real life so women's fiction just sort of annoies me.
6. If you had to guess how many books you have read in your lifetime how many would it be?
Oh goodness probably around 500.
7. How long does it usually take you to read an average book?
Well I do have a job and I'm going to college so I don't have huge amounts of spare time but I usually can finish a book in 3-7 days depending on what is going on.
8. What is your review style?
I don't have a big style I just try to post a summary of the book, then I like to talk about the book's plot. I add some of my personal touches on what I liked and what I didn't and then give it an overall star rating.
9. Do you tend to judge a book by it's cover?
I like beautiful covers, who doesn't but they don't hold tons of power over me. I pick books up that I have heard great things about or if an author lives in my area and I know I can meet them.
10. What are you reading now?
I'm reading a YA novel called Will Work for Prom Dress by Aimee Ferris
This or That?
Hardback or Paperback? Either
Dog ears or Bookmarks? Bookmarks
YA novels or Adult novels? Adult
Library or Bookstore? Bookstore
Reading glasses or No glasses? No glasses
Snack while reading or No snacks? No snacks
Beach or Mountain? Mountain
Vampire or Werewolf? Vampire
Hot or Flirty? Hot
Movie 1st or Book 1st? Book 1st
Contemporary or Historical? Historical
Page-Turner or Tear Jerker? Tear Jerker