Thanks, Danielle, for having me as part of this wonderful cause! Today, I’m donating a print copy of ASCENSION and a swag pack to the winning commenter!
From the time I could remember, pets have been an important part of my life. We had both cats and dogs growing up and as an adult, I’ve mostly had cats, as few as one and as many as four.
One of my favorite cats ever arrived as a stray kitten. I watched this baby go from house to house, and with three cats already in my home, I held back hoping that someone would pick him up. Well, a few of the neighborhood kids on bikes did pick him up and brought him straight to me. Yep, I named him Sparky and kept him. He was a good buddy for many years, and though he is only a fond memory now, I have two new kitties: Sebastien and Gizzy.
Gizzy came to me first. I was at a pet store and there he was, a half-grown kitten. He saw me coming, stared at me, then rubbed up against the glass, a sure sign he thought I was the one. But I wasn’t ready to get another cat, so I left him there. The image of him, however, stayed with me, and one week later I went to the animal shelter where he had his home, and sure enough he was still there. I later learned he had a physical deformity which might have kept him from being adopted sooner. But that didn’t matter to me, and now six years later, he’s one of the best lap-cats I’ve ever had.
Sebastien is right now rubbing back and forth around my legs. I call him my ‘puppy’ because in many ways he follows me around more like a dog than a cat. He goes with me from room to room, a constant companion. He’s at least three times Gizzy’s size and has a huge head, which he loves to have scratched. I also got him at an animal shelter. He was the one making the noise, crying and crying for attention, racing around the room, calling out, “Pick me! Pick me!” So I did!
Aren’t pets one of the greatest blessings in the world?!?
Caris is donating a print copy of Ascension and a swag pack to one lucky commenter. This giveaway is separate from the main giveaway below.
Hello Everyone! We have a lot of blogs that have gotten together to help raise money for a great cause. There are going to be some awesome prizes up for grabs for people that donate money to the cause. Here is a little about the company that we are raising the money for:
Paws With A Cause® enhances the independence and quality of life for people with disabilities nationally through custom-trained Assistance Dogs.
PAWS® increases awareness of the rights and roles of Assistance Dog teams through education and advocacy. Founded in 1979, Paws With A Cause is dedicated to helping its clients who are challenged by many disabilities, such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorders, and Hearing Disorders to name just some. Each of our dogs are trained to meet the specific needs of our clients. Tasks may include opening and closing doors, picking up objects, pulling a wheelchair, turning lights on and off, and alerting a person to particular sounds like a telephone, doorbell, smoke detector and many others. Our dogs change lives by enhancing the independence of our clients. By just opening a door, a dog opens up the world for a person with a disability and your donations will go to making that happen. PAWS thanks you so much for your donation and allowing us to open more doors.
4646 South Division
Wayland, MI 49348
How to donate:2. Click on "Make a Donation"
3. Enter a amount you wish to donate. Everibbon will add a small fee to your donation for processing. My fee for donating $5.00 was .49 cents. So keep this in mind when deciding your donation amount. You will receive 1 entry into the giveaway for every $1 you donate.
4. In the box that says "on the behalf of" please put your name. This is the name that will be listed on the everibbon website so put a name you do not mind being visible to everyone. Do not check the box to make a anonymous donation because I will not be able to track your donation to enter you into the giveaways.
5. Next it will ask you for your credit or debit card information.
6. Then it will ask for your email address to send you a receipt. This is so that you can submit it for tax purposes.
7. Ta Da! Your all done making your donation. Now you need to contact Danielle to enter the giveaway.
8. Please email Danielle at RomanceBookJunkiesDanielle@Yahoo.com with the name you used to donate your money. For example the name I used to donate on behalf of was Romance Book Junkies. Do not send me your name off your credit or debit card because I will not be able to see this. Along with the name you used please tell me how much you donated and if you live in the US or are International.
9. Your all done. Thank you for donating!
Warning: Do not try to email Danielle the name and donation amount of another person that is not yourself. If Danielle receives more than one email with the same persons name and donation amount she will have to ask for your copy of the receipt from Everibbon to verify that you are the correct winner. Thank you.
We will have 4 winners for the main giveaway.
We have 2 $65 gift certificates to any online book store.
Also we have a huge box of books and swag from Romance Book Junkies and Bitten by Paranormal Romance for US residents only.
Good luck to all and thank you for helping make this fundraiser a success.